Monday, January 14, 2013

Liam's First Cloth Diaper & Mini Flip Review

I have a bit of a problem, I cannot stop buying cloth diapers. Even before Liam was born I was hooked on buying them. I started out liking pocket diapers then on to All-in-Ones. Now, it's All-in-Two's and Hybrid diapers. I'm currently in the process of selling my pockets and AiO's (with the exception of a select few I can't seem to let go-they are too cute!) to buy more hybrids. I've been looking at: Flips, Grovia's and Best Bottoms. Currently I have around 10 Flip diapers in an array of adorable prints and I have some Grovia's on the way.

 Anyways, I decided to put Liam in a his first cloth diaper today! I have so many disposables left from my baby shower that I was planning on waiting until they were all gone to start using cloth. But, I couldn't resist. I put him in a snap BumGenius Flip in the color Sassy with a Stay-Dry Insert. 

My son is *almost* two months old and weighs around 13 lbs and he is snapped to the smallest rise.  I must say that even for the 4-5 hours he was in it (I put it on him and he went down for a nap) it held up quite nicely. Normally with a disposable diaper he would be pretty soaked--he's a heavy wetter. When I took out the insert the cover was dry still even though the insert was saturated. Also, his skin was dry! With disposables his skin always feels sticky and moist (YUCK!) Overall, I really liked the system so far. 

 I'm looking forward to using these even more then I can give a more in depth review.
You can visit this website to find a retailer around you 
http://www.flipdiapers.com/index.php
-or-
You can visit my favorite website for purchasing diapers 
http://www.nickisdiapers.com/
Use the code: "FIVE" for 5% off your first order!

No comments:

Post a Comment