Saturday, January 19, 2013

My "Healthy" Green Smoothie


I've always loved smoothies.. Orange Julius is my favorite. But, smoothies can rack up a lot of calories without even seeming like it. So I started making them at home. 

WHAT I USE: 
-1 whole Banana 
-Roughly 4 sliced Strawberries
-1 heaping handfull of Spinach 
-1 cup Skim Milk
-3 ice cubes
-Vanilla Protein Powder (a little less than 1 scoop)


I hate spinach... I don't like the taste or texture. For some reason it has no taste in smoothies. For real. None at all. I was hesitant to try it but now it's in like all my smoothies I make. I just gives the smoothie a green color. It's a wonderful way to get your vegetables in. I also don't use a full scoop of protein powder because protein can bulk you up if you are not working out. I am not very good at finding time to work out so I try to use a little less. I use this smoothie as a meal replacement that's why I add protein. The ice cubes are added just in case the frozen strawberries/milk don't make it cold enough.

I just add all those ingredients into the blender and press blend ;) Simple. Easy. Delicious.


I would love to subsitute the skim milk for almond milk or coconut milk but I haven't got around to pick any up. I also ran out of frozen just strawberries so I used a mixed fruit bag and picked out the strawberries. Make sure to get the "No sugar added" fecrozen fruits. Otherwise, you are adding unwanted sugar to your smoothie. The fruit makes it sweet enough. However, if my smoothie isn't sweet enough for my likings I add a squirt of "Amber Agave Nectar". 

No comments:

Post a Comment